De Freville Farm, High Green

Timber-framed house, again on the edge of the original High Green. The S.E. part contains fragments of a cross wing dating from around 1500 and probably belonging to a medieval hall now gone. The rest of the house is of late 16th century date except for an 18th century extension at the rear. It was altered and restored in 1907 soon after it had been purchased by Caius College. All the windows are 19th century or later. (RCHM)